Bloody Mary is that delightful savory cocktail that is acceptable for everything from breakfasts to tailgates. When most people think of alternative uses for Bloody Mary mix, they tend to think of other cocktails. Sure, you can add the mix to tequila instead of vodka for a Bloody Maria, add clam juice for a Bloody Caesar, or add mix to your favorite beer for a Bloody Beer … but what else can you do with the
mix? Here are couple of ideas.
- Gazpacho: Blend with stale bread for a quick and easy gazpacho. Top with a delightful and fragrant olive oil.
- Bruschetta: Mix Bloody Mary mix with tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil and top on toast crisps for an interesting bruschetta.
- Tomato Soup: Bring Bloody Mary mix, chicken stock and heavy cream together and warm for a flavorful tomato soup.
- Marinade: Marinate beef, shrimp, chicken or steak before cooking. The acid and spices will help tenderize and flavor the meat.
- Chili: Bloody Mary mix is excellent in chili.
- Pasta: If you like vodka sauce, bring Bloody Mary Mix to simmer. Remove from heat, add heavy cream, butter and Parmesan cheese. Add to cooked pasta of your choice and enjoy!
- Meatballs: Cover meatballs in Bloody Mary mix and bake.
- Popsicles: Make Bloody Mary popsicles for a cold summer treat.
- Deviled Eggs: Add some Bloody Mary mix in your next batch of deviled eggs for a spicy treat.
- Dips: Need a quick dip? Mix ½ cup of Bloody Mary Mix with 1/3 cup of mayonnaise, 8 ounces of cream cheese and a handful of chives. Or add 8 ounces of lump crab meat, minced onion, lemon juice and celery seeds for something special.
- Goulash: Swap out tomato juice for Bloody Mary mix next time you make goulash.
- Braising: Use Bloody Mary mix instead of red wine next time you braise beef.
- Queso Dip: Add some Bloody Mary mix to you next batch of Queso dip.
- Pizza: Try a thick Bloody Mary mix as sauce on your next pizza!